CL TYPE S V6-3.2L SOHC (2001)
Air Bag Control Module: Service and Repair
OPDS Unit Replacement
NOTE: Review the seat replacement procedure in the body section before doing repairs or service.
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable, and wait at least 3 minutes before beginning work.
2. Disconnect the side airbag harness 2P connector.
3. Remove the seat assembly and seat-back cover.
4. Disconnect the OPDS unit harness 8P and sensor connectors from the OPDS unit.
5. Remove the three screws (A) and OPDS unit (B).
1. Place the new OPDS unit on the seat-back frame. Tighten the three screws (A), then connect the OPDS unit harness 8P and sensor connectors to
the OPDS unit.
2. Install the new seat-back cover.
3. Install the seat assembly, then connect the side airbag harness 2P connector.
4. Reconnect the battery negative cable.
5. Set the seat-back in the normal position, and make sure there is nothing on the front passenger's seat.
6. Initialize the OPDS unit.
7. After installing the side airbag, confirm proper system operation: Turn the ignition switch ON (II); the SRS indicator light should come on for
about 6 seconds and then go off.