NSX V6-3.2L DOHC (VTEC) (1997)
Air Bag Control Module: Service and Repair
CAUTION: Be sure to install the SRS wiring so that it is not pinched or interfering with other car parts.
SRS Unit Assembly Installation
1. Install the SRS unit.
2. Clip the SRS main harness into the harness holder, then connect the SRS main harness 18P connector to the SRS unit; push it into position until it
3. Install the carpet.
4. Remove the short connectors (RED) from the passenger's airbag, and remove the SRS Service Connector from the SRS main harness.
5. Reconnect the passenger 5 airbag 3P connector to the SRS main harness 3P connector, then reinstall the glove box.
6. Remove the short connector (RED) from the driver's airbag, and remove the SRS Service Connector from the cable reel.
7. Reconnect the driver's airbag 3P connector to the cable reel 3P connector. Attach the short connector (RED) to the access panel, then reinstall the
panel on the steering wheel.
8. Remove the short connectors (RED) from both seat belt tensioners, then attach the short connectors (RED) to their holders
9. Reconnect the floor wire harness 3P connectors to the driver's and passenger's belt tensioners.
10. Reconnect the battery positive cable, then the negative cable.
11. After installing the SRS unit, confirm proper system operation:
Turn the ignition switch ON (II); the SRS indicator light should come on for about six seconds and then go off.