TL L5-2451cc 2.5L SOHC G25A4 FI (1995)
Air Bag(s) Arming and Disarming: Service Precautions
1. When connecting any of the test harnesses, push connectors straight in until they are secure. Do not bend connector pins.
2. Always use test harnesses. Do not use test probes directly on component connector pins or wires, as you may damage them or the control unit.
3. Always keep short connector on air bag connector when harness is disconnected.
4. Prior to disconnecting air bag connector, turn Off ignition switch and wait at least 3 minutes or more to allow capacitor in backup circuit
discharge. This will prevent a malfunction of seat belt pretensioners, if equipped.
5. Prior to disconnecting any part of SRS wiring harness, install short connectors (RED) on the air bag(s) and both seat belt pretensioners, if
equipped. After installing short connector(s) on air bag(s), immediately install one short connector A, tool No. 07MAZ-SP0020A, or equivalent,
on cable reel connector for driver side air bag, and another on SRS main wiring harness connector for passenger side air bag, if equipped. This will
prevent any static electricity from triggering seat belt pretensioners.
6. Always store air bag assembly with pad surface facing upward.
7. Always store seat belt tensioner on a secure flat surface.
8. Do not attempt to disassemble air bag assembly or seat belt pretensioner unit.
9. An air bag or seat belt pretensioner that has been deployed can not be repaired or reused.
10. Keep air bag assembly and seat belt pretensioners free of oil, grease and water.
11. Do not expose air bag assembly or seat belt pretensioners to temperatures that exceed 212 °F.
12. Do not use SRS components from another vehicle. Always install new replacement components on the vehicle.
13. Inspect all components prior to installation. Do not install any component that appear to been improperly handled or stored or that show any signs
14. When repairing vehicle, the system should be disarmed as outlined under Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) Disarming & Arming.
15. When performing service procedures, do not expose sensors or wiring or other SRS components to heat guns, welding or spray guns.