TL V6-3.5L (2007)
Air Bag Control Module: Service and Repair
SRS Unit Replacement
1. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery, and wait at least 3 minutes before beginning work.
2. Disconnect both seat belt tensioner connectors.
3. Remove the center console rear section.
4. Remove the center console panel.
5. Remove the heater ducts.
6. Disconnect the connectors and remove the TORX bolts (A), then pull out the SRS unit.
1. Install the new SRS unit (A) with TORX bolts (B), then connect the connectors (C) to the SRS unit; push them into position until they click.
NOTE: Be sure the SRS unit is sitting squarely against it's bracket before torquing the TORX bolts.
2. Reconnect both seat belt tensioner connectors.
3. Reconnect the negative cable to the battery.
4. Initialize the ODS unit.
NOTE: This is necessary for registration of serial IDs.
5. Install all removed parts.
6. After installing the SRS unit, confirm proper system operation: Turn the ignition switch ON (II); the SRS indicator should come on for about 6
seconds and then go off.