TL AWD V6-3.7L (2010)
Air Bag Control Module: Component Tests and General Diagnostics
ODS Unit Operation Check
Check the ODS operation after any of these actions:
Replacement of front passenger's seat component(s) (except ODS unit and/or weight sensors)
After a vehicle collision
SRS unit replacement
Pre-operation Check Set-up
Before doing the ODS unit operation check, make sure the battery is fully charged.
Make sure all the components of the front passenger's seat are correctly installed.
Position the front passenger's seat all the way rearward. Adjust the seat-back all the way forward. Do not move the seat from this position until the
initialization is completed.
Make sure nothing is on the front passenger's seat.
Make sure there is nothing in the front passenger's seat-back pocket.
Keep the windows and the moonroof closed.
Do all initialization procedures, except test-driving, in the service bay.
Make sure the vehicle is on level ground.
Turn the heater and the A/C off.
Do not touch the passenger's seat during the operation check.
Do not expose the front passenger's seat to sudden temperature changes.
Make sure all aftermarket devices such as amplifiers, fluorescent light, air purifiers, CB or HAM radios, etc. are turned off.
After Replacing Front Passenger's Seat Component(s)
1. Make sure the ignition switch is in LOCK (0), or press the engine start/stop button to select the OFF mode.
2. Connect the HDS to the data link connector (DLC) (A).
3. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), or press the engine start/stop button to select the ON mode.
4. Make sure the HDS communicates with the vehicle and the SRS unit. If it does not communicate, troubleshoot the DLC circuit See: Powertrain
Management/Computers and Control Systems/Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General Diagnostics/DLC Circuit Troubleshooting.
5. Drive the vehicle, accelerate to 20 mph (36 km/h), then stop on level ground.
6. From the HDS Main Menu, select SRS, then Inspection. In the Inspection Menu, select SEAT OUTPUT CHECK. Follow the prompts until the
ODS unit operation check has been completed.
7. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0), or press the engine start/stop button to select the OFF mode.
8. Disconnect the HDS from the DLC.