R8 Quattro Coupe (423) V8-4.2L (BYH) (2011)
inserted in the DVD drive.
^ Condensation on DVD - particularly in cool and damp weather. After a warming-up period of about 10 to 15 minutes, the system again operates
^ Defective navigation unit.
Improved navigation hardware.
Tip: When testing with other navigation DVDs, the same disk version should be used. If a different version DVD is inserted, a software update (which
cannot be stopped) begins automatically. Check the current software version (CAR function button >> VERSION control button).
Proceed as follows:
1. Check the navigation DVD to ensure the correct disk is being used.
2. Check the value of Adaptation channel 10, it must be set to 0 for Northern hemisphere.
3. Check whether the navigation DVD is dirty, scratched or has fingerprints or condensation.
4. Clean dirty DVDs with a soft, lint-free cloth. Wipe DVDs in a straight line from the center outward (never in circular movements).
5. If there are circular scratches on the DVD, insert a blank CD into the drive for testing. The number of disk revolutions during the read attempt is
enough to test whether a different DVD would also be scratched.
6. Use a known good DVD of the same version from a different vehicle.
7. Perform the DVD read test as described below.
DVD read test
Use Vehicle Self Diagnosis with the VAS tester for the following:
1. Read measured value block 10 in the navigation (address word 37):
2. Perform a DVD reading test with Adaptation channel 65. Perform several tests by selecting value 1 (short test) or 2 (reading test in random DVD
positions). At the end of a successful test, 0 should be displayed.
3. Attach a photo when sending in a faulty part, especially if the complaint can be reproduced but the measured value blocks show no problem.