LeSabre V6-181 3.0L (1986)
Wheel Speed Sensor: Service and Repair
Wheel Speed Sensor Coax Cable Repair
Fig. 1 Coaxial Cable Repair
Follow the steps shown in Figure 1:
(1) Strip the two cable ends.
(2) Install the repair kit parts:
Black outer sleeve
Center conductor insulator
Center sleeve Heat the center sleeve until the solder melts and the sleeve shrinks.
(3) Slide the center conductor insulator into place and heat it until it shrinks.
(4) Fold together the shield, slide the solder-shield into place, and heat it until the solder melts and the sleeve shrinks.
(5) Slide the black outer sleeve into position and heat it until it shrinks.
***UPDATED BY TSB #87-5-12 DATED OCT 87
Two new service kits have been released to repair the anti-lock brake wiring harness. Kit number 12058538 contains a front wheel speed sensor coaxial
cable. This kit should be used to replace damaged connectors, coax, and terminals on the harness side of the wheel speed sensor.
Kit number 12058539 contains a rear wheel speed sensor coaxial cable. This kit should be used to repair damaged wheel speed sensor coaxial cable
connectors or terminals.