Corvette V8-6.2L (2008)
Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor: Service and Repair
Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor Replacement
Notice: Handle the electronic throttle control components carefully. Use cleanliness in order to prevent damage. Do not drop the electronic throttle
control components. Do not roughly handle the electronic throttle control components. Do not immerse the electronic throttle control components in
cleaning solvents of any type.
1. Remove the left instrument panel (I/P) on the lower closeout insulator panel. Refer to Instrument Panel Insulator Panel Replacement (See: Body
and Frame/Interior Moulding / Trim/Dashboard / Instrument Panel/Service and Repair) .
2. Disconnect the electrical connector of the accelerator pedal sensor module .
3. Remove the accelerator pedal mounting bolts.
4. Remove the accelerator pedal.
1. Install the accelerator pedal to the steering column support bracket.
Notice: Refer to Fastener Notice (See: Service Precautions/Vehicle Damage Warnings/Fastener Notice) .
Important: Always use a torque wrench in order to obtain the proper torque.
2. Install the accelerator pedal mounting bolts.
Tighten the bolts to 20 N.m (15 lb ft).