Chevrolet Workshop Manuals
Corvette V8-6.2L (2008)
Relays and Modules > Relays and Modules - Restraint Systems > Air Bag Control Module > Component Information > Technical Service Bulletins > All Technical Service Bulletins for Air Bag Control Module: > 08-09-41-002F > Jun > 10 > Restraints - Air Bag Lamp ON/Multiple DTC Set > Page 410
When performing service on or near the SIR components or the SIR wiring, the SIR system must be disabled. Failure to observe the correct procedure
1. Perform the Diagnostic System Check-Vehicle.
List-Vehicle in SI.
3. Using the information from the DTC Descriptor, determine the location of the affected electrical connector. Refer to SIR Identification Views and
the Master Electrical Component List in SI.
4. Turn OFF the ignition and disable the supplemental inflatable restraint (SIR) system. Refer to SIR Disabling and Enabling in SI.
‹› If the CPA retainer is loose, damaged, or will not seat in the connector, replace it with a new one. Reinstall the CPA correctly by first pushing
the connector body in completely, and then pushing the CPA retainer in completely.
‹› If the CPA retainer is not loose or damaged and is properly seated, proceed to Step 6.
6. Remove the CPA retainer and disconnect the electrical connector. Inspect the terminals for the following conditions:
‹› If the terminals are damaged, corrosion is observed, or have poor tension, repair or replace as necessary. Apply dielectric grease, GM P/N
12345579 (in Canada, use P/N 10953481) on the connector pins and terminals when reassembling. Refer to SIR/SRS Wiring Repairs in SI.
7. Connect the electrical connector, and install the CPA retainer.
10. Verify that the DTC does not reset by performing the Diagnostic Repair Verification in SI.
‹› If any DTC resets, then refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle in SI.
If the CPA retainer P/N 54590003 (Orange CPA) cannot be located in the J-38125 SIR/SRS terminal repair kit, contact Kent Moore Tools and order P/N
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|