Lanos S Hatchback L4-1.6L DOHC D-TEC MFI (1999)
Muffler: Service and Repair
Muffler - Front
MUFFLER - FRONT
1. Remove the nuts and the gasket from the front muffler pipe to the main catalytic converter and connecting pipe flange.
2. Detach the front muffler from the rubber hanger.
3. Remove the nuts and the gasket from the rear muffler pipe flange. Disconnect the front muffler from the rubber hanger.
4. Remove the front muffler.
5. Check the exhaust pipe and the front muffler for holes, damage, open seams, or other deterioration which could permit exhaust fumes to seep into
the passenger compartment or the trunk.