600 L4-135 2.2L SOHC Turbo VIN E FI (1984)
(7) Read engine rpm on 1000 rpm scale. If the engine rpm is at or below the curb idle specified on the label, proceed to the next step. if it is higher,
turn the idle speed screw (on top of solenoid) until the specified curb idle rpm is reached.
(8) Aim Power Timing Lamp at timing hole in bell housing or read magnetic timing unit. If flash occurs when timing mark is before specified degree
mark, timing is advanced. To adjust, turn distributor housing in direction of rotor rotation.
If flash occurs when timing mark is after specified degree mark, timing is retarded. To adjust, turn distributor housing against direction of rotor
If timing is within +/- 2° of value specified on the label, proceed to step (10). If outside specified tolerance proceed to next step.
(9) Loosen distributor hold-down arm screw just enough so the distributor housing can be rotated in its mounting. Turn distributor housing until
specified label value is reached. Tighten the hold-down arm screw and recheck timing. When timing is acceptable, recheck curb idle rpm. If engine
rpm is not at or below the curb idle rpm shown on the label, reset engine rpm and recheck timing. Repeat above until both engine rpm and timing
(10) Remove timing lamp. Unplug and reconnect the vacuum hose to the SCC unit. If an IDLE SPEED ADJUSTMENT is being performed, proceed to
that section in Fuel System. If not, proceed to next step.
(11) If curb idle speed is not within +/- 50 rpm of value shown on label, readjust curb idle rpm. Do not reset timing.
(12) Turn the engine off. Remove the jumper wire, and tachometer.