B350 1 Ton Van V8-5.9L VIN Z (1992)
Trunk / Liftgate Weatherstrip: Service and Repair
Single Rear Cargo Door
Door-to-Body Weatherstrip Seal
DOOR WEATHERSTRIP SEAL
The door-to-body weatherstrip seal is attached to the door inner panel with adhesive.
1. Open the cargo door.
2. Start at the lower ends and pull outward on the seal to separate it from the door inner panel.
3. Continue around the perimeter of the seal and pull outward on the seal to separate it completely from the door inner panel.
4. Remove the seal from the door inner panel.
5. Remove the residual adhesive from the door inner panel.
Weatherstrip Seal Adhesive
The door-to-body weatherstrip seal is retained on the door inner panel with adhesive applied around the perimeter of the door.
1. Apply adhesive around the perimeter of the door inner panel.
2. Position the weatherstrip seal on the door.
3. Start at the upper, outboard corner of the door. Simultaneously, move lateral and downward around the perimeter of the door and firmly/ uniformly
press the seal against the door inner panel. Seal positioning at the corners is critical. The seal must be firmly "seated" at each corner. Avoid
"puckering" and stretching the seal at the corners.
4. When correctly installed, the seal ends will meet exactly at the door lower centerline.
5. Inspect the fit of the door in the body door opening. If crushed, the seal will rapidly deteriorate. If not correct, adjust the door-to-body fit so that
the seal is not crushed when the door is closed.