Caliber L4-2.4L (2009)
Alarm Module: Service and Repair
Sentry Key Immobilizer Module (SKREEM) - Removal
NOTE: The steering wheel does not have to be removed to service the SKREEM/WCM.
NOTE: The Steering Column Control Module (SCCM) assembly, which consists of the left/right multi-function switches and the clockspring,
does not have to be removed to service the SKREEM/WCM. There is an access hole in the top of the right multi-function switch to
access the mounting screw (2).
1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
WARNING: Wait two minutes for the airbag system reserve capacitor to discharge before beginning any airbag system or component service.
Failure to do so may result in accidental airbag deployment, personal injury or death.
2. Remove the upper and lower steering column shrouds See: Steering and Suspension/Steering/Steering Column/Steering Column Cover/Service
and Repair/Steering Column Shroud - Removal and See: Steering and Suspension/Steering/Steering Column/Steering Column Cover/Service and
Repair/Steering Column Shroud - Removal.
3. Remove the SKREEM/WCM mounting screw (2) on the ignition lock assembly and separate the SKREEM/WCM (3) from the ignition lock
4. Disconnect the SKREEM/WCM electrical connector (4).
5. Remove SKREEM/WCM (1 and 3) from column (2).
When a PCM and the SKREEM/WCM are replaced at the same time, perform the following steps in order See: Keyless Entry Module/Testing and
Inspection/Programming and Relearning.