D250 3/4 Ton Pickup 2WD V8-318 5.2L VIN Y FI (1988)
Brake Switch (Cruise Control): Testing and Inspection
1. Disconnect six cavity connector from stop lamp switch pigtail.
2. Using an ohmmeter, check for continuity at switch side of connector with brake pedal released.
3. Continuity should be present between the black wire and white/pink, yellow/red and dark blue/red wires.
4. Continuity should not be present between the pink and white wires.
5. With brake pedal depressed, there should be continuity between the pink and white wires. There should be no continuity between black and
white/pink, yellow/red and dark blue/red wires.
6. If the above results are not obtained, adjust or replace stop lamp switch as necessary.