Dakota 2WD V6-239 3.9L (1987)
Cruise Control Switch: Testing and Inspection
1. Check fuse for continuity.
2. Disconnect steering column four wire electrical connector, then connect positive 12 volt source to male end of harness yellow wire.
3. Connect one lead of a suitable test lamp to brown wire with red tracer, then ground other lead.
4. Test lamp should light when speed control switch is "On" and lamp should go off when set button is depressed or switch is in "Off" position.
5. Move test lamp lead to dark blue wire with white tracer. Test lamp should light when slide slide switch is in "On" position and go off when slide
switch is in "Off" position.
6. Move test lamp lead to white wire with red tracer. Test lamp should not light when slide switch is in "On" position. Test lamp should light when
"Set" button is depressed and go off again when "Set" button is released. Test lamp should light when slide switch is in "Resume" position and go
out when released.
7. If test lamp does not respond as described, a faulty switch is indicated and should be replaced.