Dynasty L4-153 2.5L SOHC (1988)
Cruise Control Switch: Testing and Inspection
1. Check fuse for continuity.
2. Disconnect four wire electrical connector at steering column.
3. Connect a suitable 12 volt positive power source to yellow wire terminal.
4. With slide switch in the "On" position, attach one lead of a suitable test lamp to the brown wire with red tracer terminal. Connect the other lead to
ground. Test lamp should go off when the "Set" button is depressed.
5. Attach test lamp lead to dark blue wire with white tracer terminal on 1982 - 87 FWD models and 1983 - 87 RWD models. On 1982 RWD models,
connect test lead to dark blue wire terminal. Test lamp should light and go off when slide switch is moved to "Off" position.
6. With slide switch in the "On" position, attach test lead to white wire with red tracer terminal. Test lamp should light by either depressing "Set"
button or by moving slide switch to "Resume."
7. Reconnect speed control lever harness connector to wiring harness connector.