Intrepid V6-2.7L VIN R (2003)
Brake Light Switch: Service and Repair
1. Depress and hold the brake pedal.
2. Remove the brake switch from it's bracket. To do so, rotate the brake lamp switch in a counterclockwise direction approximately 30 degrees from
its proper mounting position. Pull the switch rearward and remove it from it's mounting bracket.
3. Disconnect the wiring harness connector from switch.
NOTE: Prior to installing the brake lamp switch into it's bracket, the plunger must be moved to its fully extended position using the procedure in Step 1.
1. Hold the brake lamp switch firmly in one hand. Using your other hand, pull outward on the plunger of the switch until it has ratcheted out to its
fully extended position.
Fig.4 Brake Pedal And Brake Lamp Switch
2. Connect the wiring harness connector to the brake lamp switch.
3. Mount the brake lamp switch into the bracket as follows: Depress the brake pedal as far down as possible. Install the switch in it's bracket by
aligning the index key on switch with the notch in the square mounting hole of the mounting bracket. Once the switch is fully seated, rotate the
switch clockwise approximately 30° to lock the switch into the bracket.
CAUTION: Do not use excessive force when pulling back on the brake pedal to adjust the brake lamp switch. If to much force is used, damage to the
brake lamp switch or striker can result.
4. Gently pull back on brake pedal until the pedal stops moving. This will cause the switch plunger to ratchet backward to the correct position.
5. Check for proper operation of the brake lamps and speed control.