Intrepid V6-2.7L VIN R (2003)
Relay Box: Service and Repair
WARNING: ON VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH AIRBAGS, REFER TO ELECTRICAL, RESTRAINTS BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY
STEERING WHEEL, STEERING COLUMN, OR INSTRUMENT PANEL COMPONENT DIAGNOSIS OR SERVICE. FAILURE TO TAKE
THE PROPER PRECAUTIONS COULD RESULT IN ACCIDENTAL AIRBAG DEPLOYMENT AND POSSIBLE PERSONAL INJURY.
The Junction Block and Body Control Module (BCM) are attached to each other. After removal, they can be separated. The Junction Block/BCM
assemblies are located on the driver's side of the vehicle.
1. Open hood and disconnect the negative battery cable remote terminal from the remote battery post.
2. Open the front driver's door and remove left end cap.
3. Remove two screws from lower instrument panel cover (outside end). Pull rearward on lower instrument panel cover releasing clips. Disconnect
decklid release switch wiring, cable to hood release, and remove cover from vehicle.
4. Remove left knee blocker.
5. Remove under column ducts.
6. Remove Junction Block/BCM four mounting screws.
7. Remove wire harness connectors from Junction Block/BCM.
8. Remove Junction Block/BCM.
9. Disconnect BCM wire connectors and RKE antenna connector.
10. Remove Junction Block/BCM from vehicle.
1. Install Junction Block/BCM to vehicle.
2. Connect BCM wire connectors and RKE antenna connector.
3. Install Junction Block/BCM.
4. Install wire harness connectors to Junction Block/BCM.
5. Install four mounting screws.
6. Install under column ducts.
7. Install left knee blocker.
8. Connect cable to hood release, decklid release switch wiring, and install two screws to lower instrument panel.
9. Install left end cap
10. Connect the negative battery cable remote terminal to the remote battery post