Intrepid V6-2.7L VIN R (2003)
Repairs and Inspections Required After a Collision: Service and Repair
Seat Belt System
REPAIRS AND INSPECTIONS REQUIRED AFTER A COLLISION
After a impact where an airbag has been deployed due to a collision, the following MUST be replaced:
1. Front Seat Belts and Retractors (driver and passenger) with integral Tensioners.
2. After an impact that deploys the airbag, the seat belt tensioner assembly must be replaced.
WARNING: WHEN THE FRONT AIRBAG IS DEPLOYED, THE TENSIONER WILL HAVE DEPLOYED ALSO AND MUST BE
3. Do not reuse the bolts attaching the seat belt retractor to the seat frame. Failure to follow proper installation procedure may result in the seat track
latch pins not being synchronized.
4. Inspect the condition of the shoulder/lap belt. replace the retractor if the belt is cut, frayed, torn, or damaged in any way. The rear seat back
retaining nut also serves as the center seat belt anchor. Be certain to torque this nut.
5. All seat belts should be closely inspected for cuts, tears, fraying, or damage in any way following any frontal impact or airbag deployment. The
seat belts are to be replaced when visible damage is incurred. Inspect the Lower Anchors and Tether for Children (LATCH) child restraint anchors
for damage after an impact event and replace as needed.
6. During, and following, any child restraint anchor service, due to impact event or vehicle repair, carefully inspect all mounting hardware, tether
straps and anchors for proper installation, operation, or damage. if a child restraint anchor is found damaged in any way, the anchor must be
replaced with the seat assembly. failure to do so could result in occupant personal injury or death.
NOTE: Never attempt to repair a seat belt component. always replace damaged or faulty seat belt components with the correct, new and unused
VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH THE OCCUPANT CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM (OCS)
If any of the Occupant Classification System (OCS) components of the passenger side front seat cushion require replacement, they are serviced only as
a factory-calibrated, assembled, and tamper-evident service replacement package. This package includes the assembled frame, springs, pad, seat
weight bladder and pressure sensor, foam, wiring and a calibrated OCM. When installing this package, always replace all of the existing components
with the new components as a unit. Do not attempt to separate or disconnect any of the new OCS components contained in the service replacement
package from each other, and do not attempt to reuse any of the replaced components in this or any other vehicle.
CAUTION: Never replace both the Airbag Control Module (ACM) and the Occupant Classification Module (OCM) at the same time. If both require
replacement, replace one. Then perform the supplemental restraint verification test before replacing the other. Both the ACM and the OCM store OCS
calibration data, which they transfer to one another when one of them is replaced. If both are replaced at the same time, an irreversible fault will be set
in both modules.