RAM 1500 Truck 4WD V8-5.9L VIN Z (2002)
Wheel Fastener: Service and Repair
1. Raise and support the vehicle.
2. Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
3. Remove the brake caliper, caliper adapter and rotor.
4. Remove the stud from the hub with Remover C-4150A.
1. Install the new stud into the hub flange.
2. Install the three washers onto the stud, then install the lug nut with the flat side of the nut against the washers.
3. Tighten the lug nut until the stud is pulled into the hub flange. Verify that the stud is properly seated into the flange.
4. Remove the lug nut and washers.
5. Install the brake rotor, caliper adapter, and caliper.
6. Install the wheel and tire assembly, use new the lug nut on stud or studs that were replaced.
7. Remove the support and lower vehicle.