RAM 2500 Truck 2WD L6-5.9L DSL Turbo VIN 6 (1998)
Radio/Stereo Noise Filter Relay: Service and Repair
1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
Filter, Choke And Speaker Relay Remove/Install
2. From the driver side of the vehicle, reach under the instrument panel near the 16-way data link connector and inboard of the ash receiver to unplug
the filter, choke, and speaker relay wire harness connector from the instrument panel wire harness.
3. Remove the two screws that secure the filter: choke, and speaker relay mounting bracket to the instrument panel center brace.
4. Remove the filter, choke, and speaker relay unit from under the instrument panel.
5. Reverse the removal procedures to install. Tighten the mounting screws to 2.7 N.m (24 in. lbs.).