RAM 2500 Van V8-318 5.2L VIN T Magnum CNG SFI (1997)
Wiper Control Module: Testing and Inspection
Intermittent Wiper Module Testing
See the diagnosis for the Wiper Motor or Multi-Function Switch if the problems do not involve the Delay function. If the problem occurs only in the
Delay mode, the following tests are to be performed.
Excessive delay (more than thirty seconds) or inadequate variation in the delay.
Variations in the delay should be as follows:
1. Minimum delay (wiper/washer switch in the extreme counterclockwise position before the Low detent) - one-half to two seconds.
2. Maximum delay (wiper/washer switch in the extreme clockwise position before the Off detent) - ten to thirty seconds.
If there is excessive delay or no variation in the delay, see the Multi-Function Switch tests. If the multi-function switch is OK, replace the faulty
intermittent wipe module.
In the Delay mode the wipers run continually when the washers are operated, but do not provide an extra wipe when the washer switch is released.
Replace the faulty intermittent wipe module.
The wipers start erratically during the Delay mode.
Perform the following checks:
1. Verify that the ground connection at the instrument panel is clean and tight.
2. Verify that the wiper motor ground strap connections are clean and tight, and that the wiper motor mounting bolts are tight.
3. Verify that the ground circuit connections for the intermittent wipe module and the wiper/washer (multi-function) switch are clean and tight.
If all of the above grounds are OK and the condition is not corrected, replace the faulty intermittent wipe module.