RAM 3500 Chassis Cab Truck 2WD L6-6.7L DSL Turbo (2010)
Alarm Module: Service and Repair
Sentry Key Immobilizer Module (SKREEM) - Removal
WARNING: To avoid serious or fatal injury on vehicles equipped with airbags, disable the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) before
attempting any steering wheel, steering column, airbag, seat belt tensioner, impact sensor, or instrument panel component
diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative (ground) cable, then wait two minutes for the system capacitor to
discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the SRS. Failure to take the proper
precautions could result in accidental airbag deployment.
1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2. Remove the screw (2) that secures the tilt steering column knob (1) and remove it from the tilt actuator (3) on the left side of the column.
3. From below the steering column, remove the two outboard screws that secure the upper column shroud (1) to the lower shroud (3).
4. Using hand pressure, push inward on both sides of the upper shroud above the parting line of the lower shroud to release the snap features that
secure the two shroud halves to each other.
5. Remove the upper shroud from the lower shroud and the steering column.
6. Remove the one center screw that secures the lower shroud to the steering column (4).
7. Remove the lower shroud from the steering column.