Stealth R/T Turbo V6-2972cc 3.0L DOHC Turbo (1996)
Air Bag(s) Arming and Disarming: Service and Repair
Air Bag System Arming and Disarming
NOTE: Access and record all fault (trouble) codes prior to disarming the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS).
1. Place ignition switch in lock position.
2. Disconnect battery ground cable connector.
3. Wait at least two minutes after disconnecting battery ground cable before doing any further work on vehicle. The air bag system is
designed to retain enough voltage to deploy air bag for a short time even after battery has been disconnected.
1. Connect battery ground cable.
2. From PASSENGER side of vehicle, turn ignition switch to ON position.
3. The SRS warning light should illuminate for 6 to 8 seconds, then remain off for at least 45 seconds to indicate if SRS system is functioning
4. If SRS indicator does not perform as described, refer to Air Bag Systems/Testing and Inspection.