Stratus V6-2.5L VIN H (1997)
Heater Hose: Service and Repair
Fig 57 Heater Hose Connection At Engine
NOTE: The heater hoses used are preformed hoses with quick connect fittings at the engine. These hoses are not serviceable and must be replaced using
OEM parts. The hoses are attached at the heater core using spring tension clamps.
NOTE: Review Safety Precautions and Warnings before proceeding with this operation.
1. Drain engine cooling system.
2. Using thin slide-jaw pliers, pinch quick connect fitting in, of hose to be removed.
3. Remove intake manifold plenum.
Fig 56 Heater Hose Connection At Heater Core
4. Using spring tension clamp pliers, remove clamp at heater core end of hose to be removed.
5. Carefully rotate hose back and forth while tugging slightly away from connector nipple.
CAUTION: When removing hoses from heater core inlet or outlet nipples, do not use excessive force. Heater core may become damaged and
leak engine coolant into heater unit.
For installation, reverse the above procedures.