E 150 V8-4.6L SOHC VIN W (2004)
Information Bus: Testing and Inspection
INSPECTION AND VERIFICATION
1. Verify the customer concern.
2. Visually inspect for obvious signs of mechanical or electrical damage.
VISUAL INSPECTION CHART
Battery junction box (BJB) fuse 18 (60A)
Central junction box (CJB) fuse 26 (20A)
3. If an obvious cause for an observed or reported concern is found, correct the cause (if possible) before proceeding to the next step.
4. If the cause is not visually evident, connect the diagnostic tool to the data link connector and select the vehicle to be tested from the diagnostic tool
menu. If the diagnostic tool does not communicate with the vehicle:
check that the program card is correctly installed.
check the connections to the vehicle.
check the ignition switch position.
5. If the diagnostic tool still does not communicate with the vehicle, refer to the diagnostic tool operating manual.
6. GO to Pinpoint Test PC. See: Pinpoint Tests/Pinpoint Test PC (Precheck)
PINPOINT TEST A: THE POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM) DOES NOT RESPOND TO THE DIAGNOSTIC TOOL