Expedition 4WD V8-5.4L VIN 5 (2006)
Sunroof / Moonroof Weatherstrip: Service and Repair
ROOF OPENING PANEL WEATHERSTRIP
NOTE: The roof opening panel must be initialized when repairs are carried out on any part of the roof opening panel, including: whenever the roof
opening panel has been removed from the roof opening panel assembly, a new roof opening panel motor/module has been installed or when a new roof
opening panel assembly has been installed.
1. Remove the roof opening panel.
2. Place roof opening panel, topside up, on a worktable. Take care to support the glass assembly from below to prevent damaging the mounting tabs.
3. Remove the old roof opening panel weatherstrip by pulling up on the weatherstrip.
1. Place a new weatherstrip into position on the glass assembly, with the splice (seam) on the passenger side.
2. Starting with the corners, push the weatherstrip into position. Continue pushing the weatherstrip into position around the glass assembly until
complete. Use a plastic or rubber hammer if necessary.
3. Install the roof opening panel.
4. Adjust the roof panel.