F 250 4WD Super Duty V10-6.8L VIN Z CNG (2003)
Seat Belt Reminder Lamp: Service and Repair
BELT MINDER DEACTIVATING/ACTIVATING
1. Before deactivating/activating the belt minder, set the parking brake.
2. Place gearshift in P (Park) (automatic transmission) or the neutral position (manual transmission).
3. Place the ignition switch in the OFF position.
4. Close all the vehicle doors.
5. Unbuckle the driver safety belt
6. Place the parklamps/headlamps switch in the OFF position.
1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position. (Do not start the engine.)
2. Wait until the safety belt warning lamp turns off (approximately one to two minutes).
3. NOTE: Steps 3 through 5 must be completed within 60 seconds or the procedure must be repeated.
Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled. This portion of the procedure can be done before or during
belt minder warning activation.
4. Turn the parklamps/headlamps on then off.
5. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt three times ending with the safety belt unbuckled. After this step the safety belt warning lamp will be
illuminated for three seconds.
6. Within seven seconds of the safety belt warning lamp turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt. This will enable the belt minder if disabled
or disable the belt minder if enabled.
7. The following sequence of events confirm the belt minder is enabled:
flashing of the safety belt warning belt lamp four times per second for three seconds
three seconds with the safety belt lamp off
flashing the safety belt lamp four times per second for three seconds again
8. The safety belt lamp flashing four times per second for three seconds provides confirmation of belt minder disabled.
9. After confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.