C 1500 Truck 2WD V8-5.3L VIN T (1999)
Alarm Module: Service and Repair
PASSLOCK Reprogramming Auto Learn
You must perform a Theft relearn procedure if any of the following components have been replaced:
Body control module BCM
Powertrain control module PCM
Vehicle control module VCM
The above modules, with the exception for the Passlock sensor must also be programmed with each module's own vehicle configuration. See the
individual module service manual section.
There are two types of VTD relearn procedures:
Time required, approximately 30 minutes.
1. Ensure that the battery is fully charged.
2. Use the scan tool to clear the DTCs.
3. Turn the ignition switch from the OFF position to the CRANK position allowing the vehicle to try and start. The vehicle will start and then
4. Leave the ignition switch in the ON position while observing the security indicator.
5. When the security indicator turns oft, which can take up to 10 minutes, turn the ignition switch off. Wait 10 seconds.
6. Repeat Steps 3 - 5 two more times (3 times total).
The BCM and the PCM/VCM will learn the new code on the next start attempt.
Seed and Key (Scan Tool) Learn
Time required, approximately 10 minutes.
Refer to PASSLOCK Reprogramming Seed and Key.