Savana 3500 V8-4.8L (2009)
1. Apply an approximately 3.18-6.35 mm (1/8-1/4 in) high and 3.18-6.35 mm (1/8-1/4 in) wide bead of sealant, GM P/N 12346240 (Canadian P/N
10953493) or equivalent, to the rear axle housing cover.
The sealant is to be applied in the middle of the rear axle housing cover flange and on the inside of all bolt hole openings as shown.
2. Install the rear axle housing cover.
Caution: Refer to Fastener Caution (See: Service Precautions/Vehicle Damage Warnings/Fastener Caution).
3. Install the new rear axle housing cover bolts and tighten to 61 Nm (45 lb ft).
Note: Allow the sealant to cure for one hour before filling the axle with axle lubricant.
4. Fill the rear axle with axle lubricant. Use the proper fluid. Refer to Approximate Fluid Capacities (See: Service Intervals) and Fluid and
Lubricant Recommendations (See: Service Intervals).
5. Install rear axle fill plug and tighten to 33 Nm (24 lb ft).
6. Lower the vehicle.