GMC Workshop Manuals
Savana 3500 V8-4.8L (2009)
Maintenance > Fuses and Circuit Breakers > Fuse Block > Component Information > Diagrams > Diagram Information and Instructions > Page 1373
5. Use the Splice Crimp Tool from the J-38125 to crimp DuraSeal splice sleeve. In order to position the DuraSeal splice sleeve in the proper color
nest of the Splice Crimp Tool. The crimp tool has three nests, 1 is for the salmon and green splice sleeve, 2 is for the blue splice sleeve, and 3 is
6. Place the DuraSeal splice sleeve in the nest. Ensure that the crimp falls midway between the end of the barrel and the stop. The sleeve has a stop
(3) in the middle of the barrel (2) in order to prevent the wire (1) from going further. Close the hand crimper handles slightly in order to firmly
7. Insert the wire into the splice sleeve barrel until the wire hits the barrel stop.
The crimper handles will not open until you apply the proper amount of pressure to the DuraSeal splice sleeve. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the
9. Using the heat torch, apply heat to the crimped area of the barrel.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|