Savana 3500 V8-4.8L (2009)
Heater Hose: Procedures
Auxiliary Heater and Air Conditioning Pipe Repair
J 41425 A/C Line Repair Kit
Do not service the rear A/C or heater lines as a complete unit. Service the rear A/C or heater lines as a sectional repair.
Replacement lines can be obtained through GMSPO.
Use the J 41425 when any of the following actions damage the rear A/C or heater lines:
Leakage in the system
Minimum Tube Length Required Table
Important: When you section the rear A/C or heater lines, ensure that the correct minimum length remains in the straight part of the line on
both sides of the splice.
Follow the Straight Line Repair procedure in order to repair line damage in a straight section of line.
Follow the Line Sectioning Repair procedure in order to repair any damage in a bend area. Do not repair the rear A/C or heater lines in a bend area.
Replace the lines. Maintaining the original line shape will prevent vibrations and rub-through.
Straight Line Repair
1. Recover the refrigerant, if repairing the A/C lines. Refer to Refrigerant Recovery and Recharging (See: Heating and Air Conditioning/Service
and Repair/Refrigerant Recovery and Recharging).
2. Drain the coolant, if repairing the heater lines. Refer to Cooling System Draining and Filling (Static Fill) (See: Engine, Cooling and
Exhaust/Cooling System/Service and Repair)Cooling System Draining and Filling (Vac N Fill) (See: Engine, Cooling and Exhaust/Cooling
System/Service and Repair).
3. Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle (See: Vehicle Lifting/Service and Repair).
4. Locate the area that requires repair.
5. Obtain a length of replacement line to make the repair.
6. Use a tubing cutter in order to cut and remove the section of damaged line.
Important: The length of the replacement line must be the same as the section being replaced.
7. Use a tubing cutter in order to cut the replacement line to length.
8. Use the cleaning pad from the J 41425 in order to clean any burrs or grease from the line ends. Be sure to clean at least 19 mm (0.75 in) from the
9. Use the LOK prep sealant in order to prep the line ends.
10. Apply one drop of the J 41425-3 sealing compound to the outside of each end of the line.
11. Insert the line ends into the LOK fitting.
12. Rotate the LOK fitting one complete turn in order to evenly distribute the sealing compound around the lines.
13. Install the correct LOK fitting jaws into the J 41425-1.
14. Install the J 41425-1 over the LOK connectors.
Verify that the LOK connector ends are positioned in the counter bores of the jaws.
Important: Hold the J 41425-1 body with a 3/8" breaker bar.
15. Tighten the forcing screw of the J 41425-1.