GMC Workshop Manuals
Savana 3500 V8-4.8L (2009)
Powertrain Management > Transmission Control Systems > Sensors and Switches - Transmission and Drivetrain > Sensors and Switches - A/T > Transmission Position Switch/Sensor, A/T > Component Information > Service and Repair > 4L60-E/4L65-E/4L70-E - Automatic Transmission > Page 3946
4. Position the tool J 41364-A onto the park/neutral position switch. Ensure that the two slots on the switch where the manual shaft is inserted are
lined up with the lower two tabs on the tool.
Caution: Refer to Fastener Caution (See: Service Precautions/Vehicle Damage Warnings/Fastener Caution).
5. Rotate the tool until the upper locator pin on the tool is lined up with the slot on the top of the switch. Tighten the bolts securing the switch to 25
Nm (18 lb ft).
6. Remove the J 41364-A from the switch. If installing a new switch, remove the positive assurance bracket at this time.
8. Install the transmission control lever to the manual shaft with the nut and tighten to 25 Nm (18 lb ft).
10. Check the switch for proper operation. The engine must start in the P (Park) or N (Neutral) positions only. If proper operation of the switch can
not be obtained, replace the switch.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|