GMC Workshop Manuals
Savana 3500 V8-4.8L (2009)
Transmission and Drivetrain > Differential Assembly > Pinion Bearing, Differential > Component Information > Service and Repair > Page 5508
2. Using the J 45780 - installer (2) for the 8.6 inch axle or the J 22306 - installer (1) 9.5 inch axle, install the inner pinion bearing cup.
and Replacement/Rear Drive Axle/Pinion Depth Adjustment (8.6 Inch Axle))Pinion Depth Adjustment (9.75, 10.5 and 10.75 Inch Axles) (See:
4. Install the selective shim between the inner pinion bearing and the shoulder on the gear.
5. Using the J 22828 - installer or the J 36614 - installer and a hammer, install the inner pinion bearing.
8. Install the outer pinion bearing into the axle housing.
9. Using the J 22388 - installer , install a NEW pinion oil seal.
10. Install the pinion into the axle housing.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|