GMC Workshop Manuals
Savana 3500 V8-4.8L (2009)
Transmission and Drivetrain > Drive Axles, Bearings and Joints > Axle Shaft Assembly > Axle Shaft > Component Information > Service and Repair > Rear Axle Shaft Replacement (8.6 Inch Axle W/RPO JL4) > Page 5587
Axle Shaft: Service and Repair
Rear Axle Shaft Replacement (9.5, 9.75Inch Axles )
1. Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle (See: Maintenance/Vehicle Lifting/Service and Repair).
3. Remove the rear wheel speed sensor, if equipped. Refer to Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement (AWD) ()Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement
4. Remove the brake rotor. Refer to Rear Brake Rotor Replacement (With Single Rear Wheel) (See: Brakes and Traction Control/Disc Brake
System/Brake Rotor/Disc/Service and Repair/Removal and Replacement/Rear Brake Rotor Replacement (With Single Rear Wheel))Rear Brake
5. Remove the rear axle housing cover and the gasket. Refer to Rear Axle Housing Cover and Gasket Replacement (8.6, 9.5 Inch Axle) (See:
Differential Assembly/Differential Cover/Service and Repair/Rear Axle Housing Cover and Gasket Replacement (8.6, 9.5 Inch Axle))Rear Axle
6. Remove the pinion shaft locking bolt.
7. On axles without a locking differential, remove the pinion shaft.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|