Sierra Classic 2500 2WD V8-6.6L DSL Turbo (2007)
Central Control Module: Service and Repair
Communication Interface Module Replacement
Important: The vehicle communication interface module (VCIM) has a specific set of unique numbers that tie the module to each vehicle.
These numbers, the 10-digit station identification and the 11-digit electronic serial number, are used by the National Cellular Network
and OnStar(R) to identify the specific vehicle. Because these numbers are tied to the vehicle identification number of the vehicle, you
must never exchange these parts with those of another vehicle.
1. Remove the instrument panel (I/P) upper trim panel.
2. Fully open the I/P storage compartment.
3. Disconnect the electrical connectors (2) from the VCIM (1).
4. Disconnect the coaxial cable (3) from the VCIM.
5. Remove the screws (1, 3) from the passenger side upper I/P support (2).
6. Remove the passenger side upper I/P support (2).