Yukon Denali AWD V8-6.2L (2007)
4. Disconnect seat harness connectors (1) X1, X2, X3 and X4 from the MSM.
5. Identify connector X1. Refer to Component Connector End Views in SI.
6. Perform a terminal drag test on connector X1, paying special attention to terminals 1, 4, 6, 11 and 14. Using an equivalent male terminal from the
J-38125, test that the retention force is significantly different between a good terminal and a suspect terminal. Refer to Testing for Intermittent
Conditions and Poor Connections in SI.
7. Replace any terminal in question including connector X1 terminals 1, 4, 6, 11 and 14 if necessary. Refer to Repairing Connector Terminals in SI.
8. Identify connector X4. Refer to Component Connector End Views in SI.
9. Perform the terminal drag test described in step 6, paying special attention to terminal 14.
10. Replace any terminal in question including connector X4 terminal 14 if necessary. Refer to Repairing Connector Terminals in SI.
11. Remove the harness clip (1) from the plastic carrier.
12. Cut the electrical tape holding the harness in the plastic carrier using a sharp utility knife in the area shown (1).
13. Free the harness from the carrier back to the area shown (1).
14. Obtain "*Woven Polyester (PET) Electrical Tape" (Special Order P/N RZ97156A00) from Kent Automotive. Refer to Parts Information below.