M37x AWD V6-3.7L (VQ37VHR) (2012)
Determine if the vehicle has a pull or steering wheel off-center issue that requires repair.
^ If the vehicle has any tire issues such as:
Tires that are different sizes (except when specified from the factory)
Significant difference in the amount of wear between any of the tires
Any other tire irregularity or damage to any tire
Replace the tire(s) or use known good tires from another vehicle for all road tests and diagnostics in this bulletin.
^ Make sure tire pressure is set to the correct specification.
1. Install the following measuring tools on the vehicle:
^ Steering Wheel Offset Gauge
^ Road Crown Gauge
Refer to Special Tools for a description of these tools and an explanation of their use.
2. Obtain a watch with a second hand (preferably a stopwatch) to use during the road test.
3. Take the vehicle for a road test and confirm the customers concern.
^ Select a flat road where the vehicle can be driven in a straight line at a preferred speed of 60 mph.
^ During the road test make sure the vehicle is pointing straight. Don't worry about steering wheel position during the road test.
^ If you adjusted the tire pressure or changed the tires before the road test the issue may have been resolved.
^ If there are cross winds strong enough to affect the vehicle straight line movement then diagnosis cannot be performed.
4. Determine the vehicles issue - refer to the definitions of "Pull" and Steering Wheel "Off-center" below.
5. When the road test is completed remove the Road Crown Gauge; leave the Steering Wheel Off-Set Gauge in place until the Service Procedure is
6. Refer to the Flow Chart for the next step.
Other Service Information