XK-8 Convertible (X100) V8-4.0L (AJ27) (2001)
Front Bumper Cover / Fascia: Service and Repair
Front Bumper Cover (76.22.78)
1. Position vehicle on 4-post ramp.
2. Remove battery cover and disconnect ground cable from battery terminal.
3. Raise vehicle to working height.
4. Remove and discard fasteners from both wheelarch liners and remove liners for access.
5. Remove wheelarch spoilers.
6. Using a thin plastic lever, carefully release front number plate from plinth..
7. Slacken and remove screws securing number plate plinth to overriders.
8. Remove and discard the eight rivets securing undertray to the bumper cover.
9. Remove and discard three fasteners securing undertray to lower crossmember and remove undertray.
10. At each side of vehicle:
Disconnect fog lamp harness multiplug and where fitted, disconnect sidemarker lamp.
Slacken and remove three bolts securing bumper cover to the fender lower flange.
11. Lower 4-post ramp.
12. Remove bumper cover from vehicle.
Remove and discard the three fir tree fasteners securing bumper cover to BIW front upper cross-member.
Remove six bolts securing bumper cover to front upper cross-member and remove cover from vehicle.
13. Slacken and remove three bolts securing each fog lamp to bumper cover and remove both lamps from vehicle.