Commander 4WD V8-4.7L VIN N (2006)
CAUTION: To prevent severe damage to the Crankshaft, Damper or Special Tool 8512-A, thoroughly clean the damper bore and the crankshaft nose
before installing Damper.
1. Align crankshaft damper slot with key in crankshaft. Slide damper onto crankshaft slightly
CAUTION: Special Tool 8512-A, is assembled in a specific sequence. Failure to assemble this tool in this sequence can result in tool failure and
severe damage to either the tool or the crankshaft.
2. Assemble Special Tool 8512-A as follows, The nut (2) is threaded onto the shaft first. Then the roller bearing (1) is placed onto the threaded rod
(3) (The hardened bearing surface of the bearing (1) MUST face the nut (2). Then the hardened washer (5) slides onto the threaded rod. Once
assembled coat the threaded rod' threads with Mopar 9 Nickel Anti-Seize or equivalent.
3. Using Special Tool 8512-A, press damper onto crankshaft (1).
4. Install then tighten crankshaft damper bolt to 175 Nm (130 ft. lbs.).
5. Install fan blade assembly.
6. Install radiator upper shroud and tighten fasteners to 11 Nm (95 inch lbs.).
7. Connect electrical connector for shroud fan.
8. Install radiator upper hose.
9. Install accessory drive belt.
10. Refill cooling system.
11. Connect negative cable to battery.