Commander 4WD V8-4.7L VIN N (2006)
CAUTION: Care should be taken not to damage camshaft target wheel. Do not hold target wheel while loosening or tightening camshaft sprocket. Do
not place the target wheel near a magnetic source of any kind. A damaged or magnetized target wheel could cause a vehicle no start condition.
CAUTION: Do not forcefully rotate the camshafts or crankshaft independently of each other. Damaging intake valve to piston contact will occur.
Ensure negative battery cable is disconnected to guard against accidental starter engagement.
14. Remove left and right camshaft sprocket bolts.
15. While holding the left camshaft steel tube with adjustable pliers, remove the left camshaft sprocket. Slowly rotate the camshaft approximately 15
degrees clockwise to a neutral position.
16. While holding the right camshaft steel tube with adjustable pliers, remove the right camshaft sprocket. Slowly rotate the camshaft approximately
45 degrees counterclockwise to a neutral position.
17. Remove idler sprocket assembly bolt.
18. Slide the idler sprocket assembly and crank sprocket forward simultaneously to remove the primary and secondary chains.
19. Remove both pivoting tensioner arms and chain guides.
20. Remove chain tensioner.