Commander 4WD V8-4.7L VIN N (2006)
Body Control Module: Procedures
CAUTION: Front Control Module (FCM) damage may occur if the module case comes in contact with the battery while still connected. Always
disconnect the battery negative cable prior to removal of the FCM.
1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2. Remove the Integrated Power Module (IPM) from the engine compartment.
3. Remove the four fasteners (2) securing the Front Control Module (FCM) (1) to the IPM (3).
4. Separate the FCM from the IPM by pulling the two straight away from each other to disengage the electrical connector.
NOTE: If installing a new service part, remove the plastic cover from the original module and install it on the new one.
1. Connect the Integrated Power Module (IPM) (3) to the Front Control Module (FCM) (1) by lining up the electrical connector and pushing the two
2. Install the four fasteners (2) securing the FCM (1) to the IPM (3).
3. Install the IPM.
4. Connect the battery negative cable.