Commander 4WD V8-4.7L VIN N (2006)
Crankshaft Position Sensor: Service and Repair
The Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor (1) is located at the right-rear side of the engine cylinder block. It is positioned and bolted into a machined hole in
the engine block.
1. Raise vehicle.
2. Disconnect CKP electrical connector at sensor.
3. Remove CKP mounting bolt (2).
4. Carefully twist sensor from cylinder block.
5. Remove sensor from vehicle.
6. Check condition of sensor O-ring.
1. Clean out machined hole in engine block.
2. Apply a small amount of engine oil to sensor O-ring.
3. Install sensor (1) into engine block with a slight rocking and twisting action.
CAUTION: Before tightening sensor mounting bolt, be sure sensor is completely flush to cylinder block. If sensor is not flush, damage to sensor
mounting tang may result.
4. Install mounting bolt and tighten to 28 N.m (21 ft. lbs.) torque (2).
5. Connect electrical connector to sensor.
6. Lower vehicle.