Commander 4WD V8-4.7L VIN N (2006)
Windshield Washer Switch: Service and Repair
RIGHT MULTI-FUNCTION SWITCH
WARNING: TO AVOID PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, ON VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH AIRBAGS, DISABLE THE
SUPPLEMENTAL RESTRAINT SYSTEM BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY STEERING WHEEL, STEERING COLUMN, AIRBAG,
OCCUPANT CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM, SEAT BELT TENSIONER, IMPACT SENSOR, OR INSTRUMENT PANEL COMPONENT
DIAGNOSIS OR SERVICE. DISCONNECT AND ISOLATE THE BATTERY NEGATIVE (GROUND) CABLE, THEN WAIT TWO
MINUTES FOR THE SYSTEM CAPACITOR TO DISCHARGE BEFORE PERFORMING FURTHER DIAGNOSIS OR SERVICE. THIS IS
THE ONLY SURE WAY TO DISABLE THE SUPPLEMENTAL RESTRAINT SYSTEM. FAILURE TO TAKE THE PROPER
PRECAUTIONS COULD RESULT IN ACCIDENTAL AIRBAG DEPLOYMENT.
1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2. Remove both the upper and lower shrouds from the steering column.
3. Remove the two screws (1) that secure the right multi-function switch (3) to the locating tabs (2) on the right side of the Steering Control Module
4. Pull the switch straight away from the back of the SCM far enough to disconnect it from the SCM.
5. Remove the switch from the SCM.
1. Position the right multi-function switch (3) to the back of the Steering Control Module (SCM) and reconnect the switch connector to the SCM.
2. Align the two locating tabs (2) on the SCM with the switch housing.
3. Install and tighten the two screws (1) that secure the switch to the SCM. Tighten the screws to 0.35 N.m (3 in. lbs.).
4. Reinstall the upper and lower shrouds onto the steering column.
5. Reconnect the battery negative cable.