Grand Cherokee 2WD V6-3.7L (2008)
Hydraulic Cooling Fan Solenoid Valve: Service and Repair
NOTE: If the solenoid removal and replacement steps are performed quickly, then only a small amount of steering fluid will drip from the
radiator fan solenoid opening. The small amount of leakage should not require prior fluid removal from the power steering reservoir.
1. Disconnect the battery negative cable.
2. Raise and support the vehicle.
3. Disconnect the radiator fan solenoid connector (3).
4. Clean the area around the radiator fan solenoid (1) of any debris.
5. While holding the solenoid body, use Torx(R) T40 to remove the radiator fan solenoid.