Jeep Workshop Manuals
Grand Cherokee 2WD V6-3.7L (2008)
Engine, Cooling and Exhaust > Engine > Cylinder Block Assembly > Connecting Rod, Engine > Component Information > Service and Repair > Procedures > Page 2473
2. Immerse the piston head and rings in clean engine oil. Position a ring compressor (3) over the piston and rings. Tighten ring compressor (3).
Ensure position of rings did not change during this operation.
3. Position bearing onto connecting rod. Ensure that lubrication hole in bearing shell aligns with lubrication hole in the connecting rod. Lubricate
bearing surface with clean engine oil.
4. Install Connecting Rod Guides 8507 (4) onto connecting rod bolt threads.
5. The pistons are marked on the piston pin bore surface with a raised "F" (1) indicating installation position. This mark must be pointing toward the
front of engine on both cylinder banks. The connecting rod oil slinger slot faces the front of the engine.
6. Wipe cylinder bore clean and lubricate with clean engine oil.
connecting rod guides over crankshaft journal.
8. Tap piston down in cylinder bore using a hammer handle. While at the same time, guiding the connecting rod into position over the rod journal.
CAUTION: Connecting Rod Bolts Must Not Be Reused. Always replace the Rod Bolts whenever they are loosened or removed.
9. Lubricate NEW rod bolts and bearing surfaces with engine oil. Install connecting rod cap and bearing. Tighten the NEW bolts to 27 Nm (20 ft.
lbs.) plus 90°.
10. Install the following components:
Cylinder head(s) See: Cylinder Head Assembly/Service and Repair/Removal and Replacement/Cylinder Head - Installation
Timing chain and cover See: Timing Components/Timing Chain/Service and Repair/Removal and Replacement/Timing Chain & Sprockets -
Cylinder head covers See: Cylinder Head Assembly/Valve Cover/Service and Repair/Cylinder Head Cover - Installation
Oil pan and gasket/windage tray. See: Engine Lubrication/Oil Pan/Service and Repair/Removal and Replacement/Engine Oil Pan - Installation
11. Fill crankcase with proper engine oil to correct level.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|