Jeep Workshop Manuals
Grand Cherokee 2WD V6-3.7L (2008)
Engine, Cooling and Exhaust > Engine > Cylinder Head Assembly > Valve Spring > Component Information > Service and Repair > Valve Springs - Removal > Page 2544
Valve Spring: Service and Repair
NOTE: All six valve springs and seals are removed in the same manner; this procedure only covers one valve seal and valve spring.
1. Apply shop air to the cylinder to hold the valves in place while the spring is installed.
NOTE: The valve stem seals are common between intake and exhaust.
2. Install the valve stem seal.
NOTE: The valve springs are NOT common between intake and exhaust.
3. Install the spring retainer, and the spring.
NOTE: the valve spring is under tension use care when releasing the valve spring compressor.
6. Remove the valve spring compressor.
10. Install the cylinder head cover See: Valve Cover/Service and Repair/Cylinder Head Cover - Installation
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|