Grand Cherokee 2WD V6-3.7L (2008)
Muffler: Service and Repair
Muffler - Installation
1. Position muffler and tailpipe assembly in vehicle.
2. Install insulators.
3. Install bolts and nuts (2) and ground strap (5) at front exhaust pipe/catalytic converter flange (1)
4. Make sure the muffler/tailpipe assembly is correctly positioned and the properly aligned. The minimum clearance between components is 25mm (1
5. Tighten nuts (2) to 47 Nm (35 ft. lbs.).
6. Install RH shock absorber See: Steering and Suspension/Suspension/Suspension Strut / Shock Absorber/Service and Repair/Rear Shock
Absorber/Installation and stabilizer bar See: Steering and Suspension/Suspension/Stabilizer Bar/Service and Repair/Rear Stabilizer Bar -
7. Lower the vehicle.
8. Start the engine and inspect for exhaust leaks. Repair exhaust leaks as necessary.