Fluid Filter - A/T: Service and Repair
1. Run the engine until the transmission oil reaches operating temperature.
2. Raise and support vehicle.
3. Remove the bolts (5) and retainers (4) holding the oil pan to the transmission.
4. Remove the transmission oil pan (3) and gasket (2) from the transmission.
5. Remove the transmission oil filter (1) and o-ring from the electrohydraulic control unit.
6. Clean the inside of the oil pan (3) of any debris. Inspect the oil pan gasket (2) and replace if necessary.
7. Install a new oil filter (1) and o-ring into the electrohydraulic control unit.
8. Install the oil pan (3) and gasket (2) onto the transmission.
9. Install the oil pan bolts (5) and retainers (4). Torque the bolts to 8 Nm (70 in.lbs.).
10. Lower the vehicle and add 5.0 L (10.6 pts.) of transmission fluid to the transmission.
11. Check the oil level See: Transmission and Drivetrain/Automatic Transmission/Transaxle/Service and Repair/Procedures/Check Oil Level - NAG1.