Grand Cherokee 2WD V6-3.7L (2008)
Fluid - A/T: Service and Repair
Check Oil Level - NAG1
CHECK OIL LEVEL
1. Verify that the vehicle is parked on a level surface.
2. Remove the dipstick tube cap.
WARNING: Risk of accident from vehicle starting off by itself when engine running. Risk of injury from contusions and burns if you
insert your hands into the engine when it is started or when it is running. Secure vehicle to prevent it from moving off by itself. Wear
properly fastened and close-fitting work clothes. Do not touch hot or rotating parts.
3. Actuate the service brake. Start engine and let it run at idle speed in selector lever position "P".
4. Shift through the transmission modes several times with the vehicle stationary and the engine idling
5. Warm up the transmission, wait at least 2 minutes and check the oil level with the engine running. Push the Oil Dipstick 9336 into transmission fill
tube until the dipstick tip contacts the oil pan and pull out again, read off oil level, repeat if necessary.
NOTE: The dipstick will protrude from the fill tube when installed.
3.0L TURBO DIESEL WH / XH NAG1 FILL CHART
6. Check transmission oil temperature using the appropriate scan tool.
NOTE: The true transmission oil temperature can only be read by a scan tool in REVERSE or any forward gear position.